Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:25:06 +0100

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 23:07 +0000, wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:
> > To transmit software you loose zero of the software you currently
> > possess.
>
> When you transmit by wave-lan you lose the packets that you are radiating.
> When you transmit over a modem you lose the energy required to drive the
> phone line. If you have a CDROM to someone you lose that CDROM,
> if you hand them a tape, floppy or any other medium you lose that too.

Are you intentionally confusing things?

One thing is duplication. In the digital world, you achieve 100%
duplication WITHTOUT any loss of the original. Like ideas, because it's
just as immaterial.

To duplicate you may have to spend some energy, but you have not done so
at the cost of the original.

The original is 100% intact.

If you don't have any arguments for this, please stop trying to convince
us that the cloudless sky is pitch black by day.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?