Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:45:20 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote: ...
> >
> > You sound extremely SCOish.
>
> Your old strategy.  Whenever you run out of arguments, you revert to
> insults.

I mean that what you've suggested is pretty much exactly what folks
at OSRM are doing with respect to "SCO risk" ("Potential Corporate
SCO Defendants... Membership in the program is $100,000 annually").

http://www.osriskmanagement.com/offerings.shtml

I consider FSF to be in the same class of "tiger" animals, so to say.

>          This time even snipping the complete context.

It's all in the thread, stupid.

> > BTW, even Stallman allows "for profit". ;-)
>
> The last time I looked, he did not particularly condone breaking the
> GPL or copyright law for profit.  You should take a look at _what_ he
> "allows for profit".

Yeah. He allows "freedom for profit". ;-)