Re: Wipout.net gone? Essays relocated?

From: Jamie
Subject: Re: Wipout.net gone? Essays relocated?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:39:01 -0400

No, I'm not being paid; it's a small start-up.

But nonetheless, I won't redistribute the articles unless I can get explicit permission. Thanks for the advice.

Best,

Jamie

John Hasler wrote:

Jamie writes:

I might want to put these up on my website in conjunction with an article
I might write for my local paper. I can't assume they are covered by the
GPL, I don't think . . . Can anyone advise me what my obligations are
(assuming I can't find the authors; I haven't yet)?

Your legal obligation is to not distribute the works without permission of
the copyright owner.

Is it sufficient to do what I've sometimes seen done where people promise
to remove content on request?

No.

Of course I wouldn't be making any money from these essays, if that's
relevant.

You aren't being paid by the newspaper?