Re: Munich converts to GNU/Linux and then FAILS!

From: Blake Dodson
Subject: Re: Munich converts to GNU/Linux and then FAILS!
Date: 11 Aug 2004 07:44:35 -0700

7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:<fP9Sc.114604$28.10332@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Blake Dodson wrote:
>
> > Oh I understand enough to know that Linux is far more than an O.S.,
>                                       ^^^^^
>                                       Bzzzzt! Its GNU/Linux !!!

Oh by the way..GNU is another flavored distro of Linux. <g> Hair
splitter.

US SEMINARS
The Free Software Foundation or FSF is offering two days of seminars
at Stanford University in Northern California on the GPL and Free
Software Licensing. The dates are August 24 and 25, 2004. The seminars
will be taught by Daniel Ravicher, Senior Counsel to FSF and Executive
Director of the Public Patent Foundation; and Bradley Kuhn, FSF's
Executive Director.

SOFTWARE UNDER ATTACK IN EUROPE!
Join the fight against software patents in Europe. Please see
http://swpat.ffii.org/group/todo/ for what you can do to help fight
against software patents in Europe. (For more specific involvement see
http://kwiki.ffii.org/FfiiprojEn.)

See http://kwiki.ffii.org/ElectPart0405En for information on
candidates for the European Parliament and how they stand on software
patents.

And for those who have never used Linux and are interested in a free
tryout, please visit www.linuxiso.org. There you can download a
version (distro) of the Linux of your choice...and yes the copies are
free and honest. However if you do like Linux and want make the switch
from Windows, please, please, please buy a copy or make a donation to
the makers of your distro.

Regards,
Blake