Re: GPL'ing Solaris won't save SUN

From: Richard L. Hamilton
Subject: Re: GPL'ing Solaris won't save SUN
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:54:57 -0000

In article <cghsio$8b7$1@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
        cet1@cus.cam.ac.uk (Chris Thompson) writes:
> In article <10injhik9qan0e8@corp.supernews.com>,
> Richard L. Hamilton <Richard.L.Hamilton@mindwarp.smart.net> wrote:
> [...]
>>Aha, the bottom line.  "One OS to rule them all."  Sounds like the
>>talk of the Dark Lord, whether he hangs out in Redmond or in geekdom.
>>The analogy goes further - if any one with sufficient power succeeded
>>in dethroning the current occupant of that title, they'd simply end
>>up becoming just like them, whatever their intentions.
>
> Anyone got that pesky ring, then? You know what you've got to do
> with it ...

No serious volcanos handy; I might have to attach it to my boot with
something temporary like PostIt glue and then apply my boot to the
nearest Linux troll...except that I don't want to ruin a perfectly
good boot by putting it even temporarily where the Sun doesn't shine.

--
mailto:rlhamil@smart.net  http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil

Lasik/PRK theme music:
    "In the Hall of the Mountain King", from "Peer Gynt"