Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference

From: Zalek Bloom
Subject: Re: Outsourcing issue flares up at Stanford chip conference
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:48:25 GMT

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:24:18 +0000, David Fabian wrote:

> "ziliath" <ziliath@myway.com> wrote in message
> 6b963d7f.0408271436.27169a99@posting.google.com">news:6b963d7f.0408271436.27169a99@posting.google.com...
>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/24/HNoutsourcingissue_1.html
>
> Excerpt:
>
>     "I think outsourcing is good for Americans, it creates jobs in America,"
>     said T. J. Rodgers, founder, president and chief executive officer of
>     Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
>
> He is either a liar or a complete idiot, who would give away his money,
> while thinking he is getting richer.

I think he is right - replacing American workers by cheap foreign
workers (called outsourcing) is excellent for America - for
rich America. Replacing American $80k/year engineer by $5k Indian engineer
saves corporation $75k/year - which means bigger bonuses for corporate
management. And not only big management gains - they can spend more
money on lobbying the Senate and Congress - that means our politicians
gain too.
And the truth is that American voters overwhelmingly support this trend
- about 80% of them will be voting for Bush/Kerry team - both support
replacing American workers by cheap foreigners.

Zalek