Re: What's the status of sourceless live linux distros?

From: Bruce Lewis
Subject: Re: What's the status of sourceless live linux distros?
Date: 06 Oct 2004 14:29:01 -0400

> Read 109 and 117. Read also

Read Shakespeare and Dante.  They're more fun to read, and have just as
much relevance to the topic at hand as the sections you cite.

109 is about transferring a single copy.  We're talking about
distributing multiple copies that you make, without destroying the
original.

117 is about how running a program isn't covered under copyright, even
though technically a copy is created in memory/cache.  We aren't talking
about you making a transient copy as a necessary step in running a
program; we're talking about you making copies to distribute.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=410E3052.289B4CD5%40web.de

Ah, that's you claiming that Title 17 section 106(3) doesn't apply to
you.  Thanks for sharing.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=410F4FD4.243B2F35%40web.de

And there you are...taking the opposite side of the argument from what
you're taking now?  What changed your mind?  I think you were right the
first time.

--
Make that pile of digital photos presentable:    http://ourdoings.com/
It's quicker and easier than you think.