GPL-licensed application within PC BIOS

From: Grumble
Subject: GPL-licensed application within PC BIOS
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:52:04 +0100

Hello,

(Why is there so much spam in here? Is it because of the mail-to-news gateway?)

Assume a motherboard manufacturer includes an application licensed under the GNU General Public License (e.g. Memtest86) within the PC's BIOS.

Can I request the BIOS's source code if I purchase the motherboard which comes with the BIOS in firmware on an EEPROM?

Can I request the BIOS's source code if I can download a firmware upgrade to flash the EEPROM?

--
Regards, Grumble