Re: Why are software patents wrong?

From: Bruce Lewis
Subject: Re: Why are software patents wrong?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2004 07:20:36 GMT

on you, they can
read it off of you by minutely examining your body.

And: it is the NSA driving the fingerprint-rollout of the national ID card.

#   "The Body As Password", By Ann Davis, Wired Magazine, July 1997
#
#   Currently housed at the National Security Agency, a working group of
#   federal bureaucrats founded the Biometric Consortium in the early 1990s.
#   Its 1995 charter promises to "promote the science and performance of
#   biometrics for the government."
#
#   Consortium mumbers include state welfare agencies, driver's license
#   bureaus, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Social Security
#   Administration, and the Internal Revenue Service.

If my attempts to show how bad a thing this is have been too rambling,
too abstract, here is a simple and accurate analogy:

*   "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
*   It was Martin Anderson who, in his book, Revolution, revealed that during
*   the Reagan administration during the 1980s, several top cabinet officials
*   we