Re: Vita Nuova Liberal Source License falsely claims Free Software compa

From: Isaac
Subject: Re: Vita Nuova Liberal Source License falsely claims Free Software compatibility
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:39:28 -0600

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 00:44:24 +0000 (UTC), Adam <kinema@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that section 8.4 of the license seems to contradict the FSF's
> definition if Free Software.
>
>    8.4.  VITA NUOVA may from time to time and at its sole  dis-
>          cretion  publish  a revised and/or new version of this
>          LICENCE which shall then govern the licensing  of  all
>          copies  of  LICENSED  SOFTWARE  supplied by VITA NUOVA
>          after the posting of  such  revised  or  new  licence.
>          Should  YOU  have any questions regarding this LICENCE
>          or wish to contact VITA NUOVA for any reason visit our
>          web site at www.vitanuova.com for contact details.
>
> Any thoughts?

It doesn't seem like deal breaker to me.  They are reserving the right to
release new copies under any license they want to.  There does not seem
to be any attempt to change the license on previously obtained copies.

Maybe it could cause problems and heartburn if they are taking code
written by others and donated with the assumption that the old license
would be used...

Isaac