Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:14:22 +0000

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 16:49 +0100, Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:05:04 +0100
> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:
>
> > This is perfectly false in case of static linking as well. The
> > distiction between derivative works and compilations is not that
> > hard to grasp. Statically linked executable is a mere aggregation
> > of a bunch of preexisting works. It is the same as an archive
> > containing same bunch of dynamically linked components.
>
> FSF:                  the truth:              Terekov:

In this case, I'd place Stefaan right just before Terekov.

Terekov seems determined to undermine the idea of all users being Free.
The FSF tries to empower all users with Freedom.

If empowering with Freedom is as far from the truth as Terekov in such a
scale, then you're just plain presumptuous.

There's not a requirement for a middle ground at everything.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?