Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:07:25 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:
[...]
> [0]: Many projects, specially system parts of GNU, have special
> clauses or use the Lesser GPL to allow mixing with non-free software.

Tell me how does that work. Say on hurd (which doesn't have Linus'
"exception" to the GPL'd kernel). On what basis are all those
projects allowed to wrap GPL'd stuff with lesser silliness (to allow
mixing without contamination) and what's your problem with someone
doing the same but with respect to non-kernel GPL'd component(s).