Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software

From: Martin Dickopp
Subject: Re: using GPL api to be used in a properietary software
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:34:10 +0100

> Martin Dickopp wrote:
>
>> If the works of A and B are combined to form a derivative work by an
>> entity C, and the act of
>
> Combined as in what? Can you print two different stories (bought
> electronically) on the same sheet of paper (to form a combined
> printout) or not?

Since I never claimed that a combination of two works is /always/ a
derivative of one or both original works (in fact, I claimed the exact
opposite just a few hours ago in this very newsgroup), your example
is rather silly and not at all related to the discussion at hand.

> Turn on your brain and try
>
> http://www.google.de/groups?selm=40EC0D4F.933878A%40web.de

Nope. I only discuss with you as long as it has at least a bit of
entertaining value. Insulting hasn't, and, as past experience shows,
neither has your self-quoting.

Martin