Re: Microsoft & Intel get massive tax breaks

From: rapskat
Subject: Re: Microsoft & Intel get massive tax breaks
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:32:55 -0400

begin  Error log for Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:06:18 -0700 - Yibbels caused a
page fault at address
<1113307578.137108.131940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, details as
follows                             .vbs

> Also, when you hear about massive corporate mergers in the US media,
> check this list to get an idea of how much of the buyout US taxpayers
> paid for. Several recent $10+ billion buyouts were effectively funded
> by US taxpayers who as usual had no idea, yet US politicians did and
> made it all possible.

Of course, such is the way things work.  I try to stay away from political
subjects because they are so inflammatory, but the tax situation in this
country is downright oppressive!

Try running a legit business without any handouts, it's damned near
impossible! Even if you are making a healthy profit, by the time you
finish paying taxes, you hardly clear anything anyway.  And if you are
incorporated, forget about it!  Uncle Slam has a finger in every pocket
and a fist up your ass controlling you like a puppet.

So many small businesses in this country fail within the first couple
years, not because they aren't successful and do well, but because of the
ridiculous taxes that are extorted from them.

--
rapskat -  08:23:58 up 10:21,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.32, 0.27
        "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking