Re: Bill Gates doesn't want Americans working for him

From: billwg
Subject: Re: Bill Gates doesn't want Americans working for him
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:44:33 GMT

Sandlin wrote:
billwg,
     Gates will never have a monopoly on brains.
     There are not enough skilled workers in the US?  I find that hard
to believe.  Or, if that's true, then something needs to be done about
our failing education system.
     Actually, I think that the skilled workers who are here don't want
to work for Gates.

The monopoly on brains that Gates speaks of is not a monopoly by Microsoft but rather a monopoly for the good old US of A. How can you read the material and not understand this?

I don't think that there is any failure in the educational system either. You cannot educate someone into being clever, it's more of an inborn talent. We can recruit tall basketball players from China and Africa, why not import clever programmers from the same places? Or anywhere else that we might find them?