My Linux is not your Linux

From: yarmfelder
Subject: My Linux is not your Linux
Date: 20 Jun 2005 06:35:35 -0700

To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy!

So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that
they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia,
and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be
behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters,
throwing feces at one another and beating their
chests pretending to know something.

My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love,
of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely
human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak
with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the
monkeyhouse of COLA) they remind me of myself: practical,
freedom-loving, anti-corporate. Here in COLA however
they remind me of monkeys or spoiled brats or worse,
corporate sysadmins.

My Linux is not your Linux. It is the human Linux
that acknowledges that Linux involves human work
to create, that although it is free you are not
entitled to it, that although it is created in large part
by volunteers, they deserve to be paid for their
gifts with at least gratitude. And that monkeys and
self-entitled brats and sysadmins never thank anyone.