Re: IP Newsflash

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: IP Newsflash
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:33:02 +0100

No. It's a fake blanket designed to induce people into treating patents,
copyright and trademarks, instinctively, as one and the same thing.

Considering they're completely disparate monopoly rights, there's no
blanket. Trying to find one only leads into confusion that plays well in
the hands of those who would have monopolies on thought itself if it
brought them more money and power.

Rui

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 23:48 -0400, Alexander Cline wrote:

> Hey man, I didn't make it up. Could you be constructive and suggest
> another blanket term for what The Man calls intellectual property?

+ So let's do it...?