Re: Licensing question about the BSD

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Licensing question about the BSD
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:07:43 +0200

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>>
>> Isaac wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I hear that (plonked) GNUtian dak seems to be unaware the District Court
>> of Munich I judged that the GPL is a contract governed by the Sect. 158
>> of the German Civil Act (BGB) http://dejure.org/gesetze/BGB/158.html.
>
> I hear that (plonked) GNUtian dak seems to be confusing the GPL with
> "einseitiges Rechtsgeschäft".

> http://weblawg.saschakremer.de/index.php?p=24
>
> Es spricht damit einiges für die Annahme eines (zumindest
> konkludenten) Vertragsschlusses bei der Einräumung eines
> Nutzungsrechts - auch unter der GPL.

So your reference is an isolated informal opinion in a web log with
the conclusion "So there are some arguments for assuming an (at least
inferable) closing of a contract in the grant of a permission of use
-- even under the GPL."

Wow.  Talk about extrapolation.  Anyway, your "plonking" does not seem
to work very reliably.  Maybe you should sue the author of your Usenet
reader "Mozilla" for not upholding his part of your mutual contract.