Re: Licensing question about the BSD

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Licensing question about the BSD
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:53:12 +0100

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:27 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> [...]
> > > Drop a note to Edwards of debian-legal and ask for a copy of his "Will
> > > the Real GNU GPL Please Stand Up?"
> >
> > Stop distorting intentionally everything people write.
>
> Well, did you already read that Edwards article? What exactly did I
> distort? Start on quoting original.
>
> [... "the GPL is not a contract" ...]
>
> http://google.com/groups?selm=425BE5D1.B832B0A4@web.de

You continue to make gratuitous insults and absurd information.
Nothing in there contradicts me. In fact, it contradicts you:

  <<the owner of a particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made under
this title, or any person authorized by such owner, is entitled, without
the authority of the copyright owner, to sell or otherwise dispose of
the possession of that copy or phonorecord.>>
                  ^^^^^^^^^

So you can do whatever with _YOUR_COPY_ but you still can't redistribute
copies of it.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?