Re: Licensing question about the BSD

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Licensing question about the BSD
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:02:16 +0200

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
[...]
> I've stated it well before you: the GNU GPL is an unilateral grant of
> certain rights.
>
> One of them is, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, to DISTRIBUTE COPIES,
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
17 USC 109, stupid.

> MODIFIED OR NOT.

Same thing (given that according to Moglen, the grant regarding
derivative works is also unilateral and doesn't conclude a
contract).

> ANOTHER is RUNNING FOR ANY PURPOSE. And this one HAS NO CONDITIONS.

17 USC 117 (see also Council Directive of 14 May 1991 on the
legal protection of computer programs, 91/250/EEC, Art. 5), my
friend.

> But you're nothing but a broken robot.

Your are incurably clueless, I'm afraid.