Re: NYC LOCAL: Saturday 24 September 2005 LXNY: Early Afternoon Install

From: George Ellison
Subject: Re: NYC LOCAL: Saturday 24 September 2005 LXNY: Early Afternoon Install Fest in Manhattan
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:52:40 -0400

secretary@lxny.org wrote:
LXNY will throw a short sweet Install Fest on Saturday 24 September 2005 at
The Downtown Office of Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions on the Island of the
Manahattoes.  See below for exact address, directions, and times.

Members of CFSG and of GNUbies will be present to give as much help as we
all can.

This Install Fest is free and open to all.

Every member of every free software org, tribe, drinking club, and family,
is invited, without prejudice, without fear, and without favor.

Newcomers are particularly invited.  Come down and join us, even if you are
just starting to learn about free software.

This Install Fest is made possible through the work and kind generosity of
the organizers and all the volunteers.  We especially thank Paul Kontonis
of Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, and Dolly Nielsen of Silicon Alley
Station for making this event possible.  We thank Kaplan Test Prep and
Admissions for the generous gift of venue.

http://www.kaptest.com
http://www.siliconalley.net

All free software welcome!  We do not discriminate among free kernels based
upon the first letter of their names.  We shall install both Linux kerneled
and free *BSD kerneled systems, and we will make an attempt at any other
free OS.  Because this Fest is of short duration, and because the expertise
of our scheduled helpers lies in Debian based GNU/Linux systems, we
particularly invite those who want to install this kind of Home Free Unix
to this Fest.

All experienced installers are invited to come and help.  If your favorite
Free OS is not a Debian let us know as soon as possible, and we will
advertise the style of OS you offer to help with.

All students of economics, of the history of engineering, and of the art
of propaganda are invited.