Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org

From: Peter Gordon
Subject: Re: "The Free software Movement is a Scam" -Alfred Szmidt GNU.org
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:57:46 -0500 (CDT)

Alfred M\. Szmidt said:
> Two things: All of these include and promote the usage of non-free
> software.  http://www.gnu.org/links.html contains a list of completely
> free GNU/Linux systems.
Even Red Hat and Debian? (Oh, that link gives me a 404 by the way. Perhaps
you mean <http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions> ?)

> And: recommending no-cost systems is actually
> kinda bad for us hackers, we actually need to live in some form.  But
> freedom is what matters in the long run!
Well, I'd recommend donating what you can (be it money or code or what-
have-you) to projects that you like (for example: the GNOME team, X.org
hackers, etc.). However, no one forces you as a user to do so...

> I'll look into this.
Thank you very much. :D