Porting a software developed for Solaris onto Linux.

From: kashif javed
Subject: Porting a software developed for Solaris onto Linux.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:39:17 -0800 (PST)

Dear,

I have a software written in C originally developed
for Solaris whose "makefile"  uses gcc and ld tools.
The "makefile" requires libraries such "-lsocket" and
"-lnsl". Now when i compile the same program on a
RedHat Linux 9.0 system, the system complaints of
missing "socket" libraries. What should i do?
Commenting out "-lsocket" doesnt work.

This is my first email i am writing, if this is the
wrong forum to address this question, please suggest
me the correct forum.

Thanks and Regards,

Kashif

http://farechase.yahoo.com