Re: LGPL question

From: Isaac
Subject: Re: LGPL question
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:18:11 -0600

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:26:38 -0000, Gordon Burditt <gordonb.obbns@burditt.org>
wrote:
> If my company, let's call it "Bony Corporation", decides to release
> a music CD "Get Right with the DRM" with a rootkit that contains
> copyrighted music and LGPL-licensed software, is it required to
> distribute the *music* source code under the LGPL or GPL?  What
> *is* the source code to music?  A non-DRM'd, non-encrypted copy of
> the music?

I think it would irrelevant.  Let's say that the disk contained copyrighted
software rather than music, with DRM to control access to the software.  IMO
the GPL would still not require the copyrighted software to be released
under the GPL simply because the DRM software was protected under the GPL.

Isaac