Re: Linus, and whether tactfulness has any value

From: Aragorn
Subject: Re: Linus, and whether tactfulness has any value
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:20:48 GMT

On Sunday 25 December 2005 18:24, Jim Richardson stood up and spoke the
following words to the masses in /comp.os.linux.advocacy...:/

> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:30:31 +0100,
>  Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:
>> In article <1135435737.140649.67620@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

>>> It might also party explain why there's been several thousands of
>>> years
>>> of European wars.  ;-)
>>
>> Which is fun when it's coming from a guy whose nation is just over
>> 500 years old, and was discovered, and populated, by Europeans.
>>

> Populated *after* said europeans wiped out some 90% of the existing
> population, who somehow, despite being here for some 30,000 years,
> hadn't "discovered" the place yet...

And *you* are a descendent of those Europeans...

As to why the natives hadn't "discovered" the place yet, they were
probably more interested in living in harmony with nature and their
peers than they were in colonizing or building out empires to stroke
their egos.

>> Heck, my home town is three times older than the entire united
>> states. The only reason one could claim there was more wars in Europe
>> is because it's been civilized, and thus has had a recorded history,
>> for such a long time, as opposed to USA. :)
>
> well, going from recent historical trends (the last 250-300 years)
> it's about time for another euro dustup, probably the germans invading
> someone.

They're too late for that.  The Americans are already invading
everything they can.

--
With kind regards,

*Aragorn*