Re: Linus, and whether tactfulness has any value

From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: Linus, and whether tactfulness has any value
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:21:17 -0500

> Gespracht wrote:
>> >Beside that, many Europeans seem to practice a blunt, abrupt style of
>> >speech.
>>
>> Very true, and on the whole it's a good thing I think.
>
> It might also party explain why there's been several thousands of years
> of European wars.  ;-)

The point is that many Europeans whose first language isn't English
speak a form of English that is different from that spoken by those to
whom English is their "mother tongue."

If the point is to get a technical message across, and, for engineers
and the like, that *is* the point, some of the niceties are properly
secondary.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/lisp.html