Re: Question about GNU Free Document License

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Question about GNU Free Document License
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:51:03 +0100

   > I'd be interested to hear if others share my interpretation of
   > this license or if there is some clause that I have missed. Does
   > this author have the right to ask me to remove his book from my
   > web site or am I within my rights to decline given that the book
   > is covered by the GFDL?

   What license is attached to the copy of the book on his Web site?
   The license on the printed copies is relevant only to them.

This is actually not true, a printed copy is not a transparant copy.
You create the printed works from the transparant one.  If the source
for the printed copy is located on this web page, then the license
that is on the printed works applies equally to the copy that is
located on the web page.

Cheers.