Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:50:13 +0100

   Quite frankly, I would be surprised if any copyright holder cared
   the least whether I ever got around to annotating source code
   modules that I don't distribute or whether some program on my
   system failed to spit out a no-warranty notice.

The point isn't about caring or not caring, many people license things
under the GPL and don't care if the work is used in non-free programs.
It is still a license violation; only that nobody knows about it or
can prove that it happend.