Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:32:55 +0100

   >    If you are an employee of mine and get access to software in
   >    my possession for the purpose of job, you are not permitted to
   >    make copies for your private use.
   >
   > If the license explicitly states so, yes.

   Wrong.  You are not the licensee.  The licensee is the company.
   The license is completely irrelevant for you.

You obviously didn't mean to write that in that form.  If the license
isn't relevant to me, then the whole discussion is quite pointless. :-)

The license obviously does apply to me.  Otherwise one could simple do
what the heck one wants.

   But you have no license to do whatever you want with the content if
   you just have a copy that is the property of the company you are
   working for.

Since I legally aquired the content, the license applies, and if the
content contains GPLed software, I am free to distribute it.