Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:52:38 +0100

   > You are speaking about duplicating a physical entity, not
   > duplicating the software.  If you can show me a method to
   > duplicate a CD that contains GNU hello, N times, then you have a
   > point.  And you will get the Nobel price at the same time.

   So what?  If you use a company CD burner to move company software
   to a company CDR which you then use on a company computer in the
   field, how does this CD or its contents magically become the
   property of the company worker?

Software cannot ever become property.  What the heck are you arguing
about?  You have already claimed things like `stealing' software.  If
you give me a CD with software on it (legally), then I am entitled to
making a copy of the software, keep it on my box, and distribute it
under the license that the software is licensed under.

   Do you even remember what you try to be arguing about?

Yes, do you?  You have already made claims that one `steals software',
and now that `software is property'; I'd really you of all people to
know the differenence between these things.