Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 03:27:40 +0100

   > If I give you a copy, it is distribution.  The whole concept of
   > internal `use' is bogus.  I can claim that the whole world is
   > internal for my use, and then simply refuse to release the source
   > to anyone, since it is `internal use', if one would follow your
   > thread.

   Yes, Alfred, but a company is _one_ entity. If that company gives a
   copy to a worker for _his_ private use then that would be
   distribution.

The world is one entity.

   Sad, but not recognized as distribution. That's why you have to
   "agree" with the common proprietary licenses. They add restrictions
   like "you can only install on one computer, or else no license".

But according to David (and yourself?) the license does not apply in
this entity, so such restrictions are not relevant.  This is simply
not true.