Re: GPL and other licences

From: Isaac
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 23:25:16 -0600

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:03:42 +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> wrote:
>    What user?  I am the only one who uses this computer?  I'm not
>    putting any restrictions on anyone.  Are you suggesting that you
>    are free to drop by and help yourself to GPL software on my
>    computer?
>
> Huh? How can I license anything under the GPL that I didn't write?
> What are you talking about?

In defending your position that combining GPL and some other software on
my computer system was not allowed you cited some statements indicating
that the GPL did not allow putting additional restrictions on users.

What users are you referring to?  There is only one user of this computer
and it happens to be me.  Your argument makes absolutely no sense which
is of course your right.  What I find amusing though is that once the
absurdity of your argument is pointed out, you attribute the absurdity
to me.

Isaac