Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:35:07 +0100

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:50 +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> >
> > [... legal scheme to escape copyleft ...]
>
> I resent the innuendo implicated by this cut, which could lead someone
> to think I wrote a legal scheme to escape copyleft.

Oh c'mon mini-RMS, you're a rightful co-author.

(Future press conference in Boblingen regarding FSF's anti-copyleft
conspiracy lawsuit)

Q) Who authored that legal scheme to escape copyleft?

A) You know, rms himself co-authored it.

(Dead silence in the audience)

> Another of your nice works of fraud, Alex?

Objection! See above.

> > But here's a big secret for you, mini-RMS: copyright doesn't
> > contemplate copyleft. First sale, copyright misuse, and etc.
>
> You hide behind "first sale", "copyright misuse", and etc, but you
> constantly hide behind the confusion of what you do with _your_copy_ and
> what you do with _copies_of_your_copy_.

Go talk to your doctor, really. Let him hear your answer to this
rather simple question:

Are those _copies_of_your_copy_ AUTHORIZED copies or how not?

Keep in mind that copyright law doesn't concern itself with
distribution of AUTHORIZED copies and that the act of distribution
doesn't turn AUTHORIZED copies into unauthorized copies.

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.misc.discuss/msg/0a794dfd7697e067