Re: GPL and other licences

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL and other licences
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:35:00 +0100

   In the case of our friend Backslash,

I'm assuming that I am this Backslash person; if I'm not ignore the
following: Have the decency to call me by my name, instead of calling
me obscure names.

   where he's trying to argue he can copy GPLed software because his
   company "gave" him the CD (to file), it would not be your
   unfinished software, now would it?

If the company recived the CD legally, and gives it to me, then the
company cannot dictate what I can do with it, only the copyright
holder can.

If the company got a "hot" CD with David's software, and I would then
distribute it, then both the company and I could be sued by David for
copyright infrigment, and other fancy stuff.