Re: Intellectual Property II

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Intellectual Property II
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:10:17 +0100

Isaac wrote:
[...]
> I believe that I could were a court to recognize that I owned the copy
> of software rather than having license it.  Courts in the US don't
> seem to recognize such a thing.

 "Other courts have reached the same conclusion: software is sold
 and not licensed."
                               -- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
                                  CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

As for installing on multiple computers, I think that it's totally
OK. For example, I can install it on a computer at my home and on
another computer at my dacha. The key is that I can't legaly run
it simultaneously on multiple computers if I own only one copy. As
long as I don't do that, it's all fine and dandy.