Re: Can LGPL be used for non-libraries

From: Daniel Qarras
Subject: Re: Can LGPL be used for non-libraries
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:46:17 +0200

And the answer to the question is that of course the copyright holder
can use the LGPL for any code he so chooses.  That does not answer the
question of whether some else can distribute the modified program code under
the LGPL.

IMO the LGPL does not specifically allow distributing modified non library
versions of programs under the LGPL.  However perhaps the copyright holders
do not care.

If what you two are saying is correct then Debian and others are actually breaking the LGPL and just lucky not to get sued! I'm astonished!

For my own experiments it seems that GPL is a better bet.

Thanks.