Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: billwg
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:34:05 GMT

"Ron House" <house@usq.edu.au> wrote in message
440E82B4.4000300@usq.edu.au">news:440E82B4.4000300@usq.edu.au...
> billwg wrote:
>
>> OSSers are quick to say that people using Windows and commercial apps
>> are stupid and/or being forced to use Windows and the commercial apps
>> by some nefarious but unexplainable mechanism operated in secret by
>> Bill Gates to control minds.
>
> The mechanism's perfectly easy to understand, except to a liar or a
> dill. If I want to play a certain game and it only comes in a doze
> version, I need doze.

Dumb ass.  If that were true then there wouldn't be the opportunity to
use an alternate, which was what my post was about.  People use
Photoshop instead of Gimp because it works a hell of a lot better and
more reliably than Gimp, or so the people using Photoshop who have tried
Gimp say.

> If I sign up for broadband and the isp only supplies a doze
> installation disk and won't release tech details, I need doze. If my
> employer or my children's school only accepts .doc files, then to be
> safe I need doze and messoffice.

Dumb ass.  You need something to generate DOC files.  That could be
almost any WP made today, including OO.  The broadband comment is
totally looney, too.