Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: Kier
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:42:51 +0000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:19:27 -0600, Linønutlinønut wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, David Kastrup belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Linønut <linønut@bone.com> writes:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, karl@tug.org belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Sure it is.
>>> And I'm Tony Blair.
>>
>> Actually, the thought "pearls before swine" hit me immediately upon
>> reading Karl's article with Richard's comment.  And you corroborate
>> it.  Perhaps you should check Karl's background before jumping to
>> conclusions.
>
> Why?  I didn't know Karl from Adam.
>
> Nor would I expect RMS to answer, in any shape, form, or fashion, a
> troll post from "Karen Hill".
>
> And thanks for the insult.  It really makes your case.  How would you
> like to be called a swine?  Hmm?
>
>> Karl, as a general rule: answering to anything crossposted to
>> comp.os.linux.advocacy is an utter waste of time.  That Usenet group
>> has been completely claimed by trolls.
>
> Not quite.  But it is good practise dealing with Windows Evangelists.
>
> It is preferable to be skeptical, rather than credulous, on Usenet.
>
> I think Karl should let RMS post his own responses to Usenet trolls,
> should he wish to do so.

He's crippled by RSI, I believe, so maybe he prefers to leave posting to
Usenet to others on his behalf, to save his wrists for his coding work.

I admit to being sceptical of the message, but it certainly was consistent
with RMS's personality and views. And how the hell would either of them
know anything about trolls like 'Karen Hill'?

--
Kier