Re: New Software License idea: "The Freedom License."

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: New Software License idea: "The Freedom License."
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:55:38 +0200 (CEST)

   Hi Alfred,

Hi troll.

   If you wanted proof, you shouldn't have removed comp.unix.solaris
   from your reply.

Pitty that this is a mailing list and not a newsgroup.  I do not read
usenet, nor do I post there.

   Joerg Schilling is the famed author of cdrecord, star (a back up
   tool better than tar), and is the creator of the first OpenSolaris
   distro Schillix.  Your GNU/Linux system wouldn't be able to burn
   CD-Rs without his cdrecord software.

That is nice, but it has nothing to do with GNU Make and POSIX
compliance.

   If Joerg Schilling says gmake has bugs preventing it from being
   POSIX compliant, it is true.

Proof? Test case? Anything to back up these claims?  If it is true,
then it should be quite easy to show, and I'm actually interested in
any bugs in GNU Make.

   Joerg has himself stated he has over 25 years of UNIX development
   experience.  And his vast contributions to the software world back
   up that claim.

Irrelevant.