Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: license issue: calling a GPLv2 library
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:11:01 +0100

Qua, 2006-06-21 às 17:46 +0200, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> [...]
> > Your mistake here is assuming that intellect can become property.
> >
> > I say mistake, because otherwise you would be cooperating with WIPO and
> > similar entities in trying to subvert knowledge into something that can
> > be bought and sold like any good.
>
> What "subvertion" are you talking about? That's the state of affairs
> on this planet (apart from North Korea... the GNU Republic instilled
> in your mind by Stallman & Co. aside for a moment) already. You're
> trying to subvert, not me.
>
> http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/ip/index.shtml

Yeah, right. You're trying to prove me that "ip" isn't a subversion by
taking quotes from an entity who has all to gain by promoting the
subversion? That's rich...

> ------
> Intellectual property represents the property of your mind or
> intellect. It can be an invention, trade mark, original design or
> the practical application of a good idea.

Unfourtunately this isn't "property" but temporary monopolies.

This makes this...

> Confidential information (also referred to as trade secrets),
> patents, registered designs, trade marks, copyright, circuit
> layout rights and plant breeder's rights are all legally
> classified as IP rights.
... a blatant lie.

> I suggest you relocate to North Korea and enjoy "freedom" first
> hand.

Hey Therekov, 1984 called, they want your shirt back. It reads:

"WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."

And in the back it reads:
   "INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXISTS AND MUST BE PROTECTED AGAINST EVIL
PIRATES"

Rui