Re: Looking for an open source license..

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Looking for an open source license..
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:12:29 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> Sure, and you can then resell this CD if you want to.  What you can't
> do is make additional copies and sell those without adhering to the
> license.

Another legal persons makes copies. And he is in total compliance. I
just distribute those lawfully made copies (he doesn't impose any
restrictions on me because the GPL doesn't require to propagate the
contract along with each copy and make me assent to the GPL). Without
sources, any written offers, and under contractual terms requiring
forbearance from right granted under the GPL to works embodied in my
copies. It basically turns the GPL stuff into binary only "all rights
reserved" with contractual remedies and damages for breach of contract
that I can enforce. Wanna test it in court, dak?