Re: Looking for an open source license..

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Looking for an open source license..
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:26:53 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> Not really.  Judges don't cherish circumvention,

There's no circumvention. Remember that another legal person is in
full compliance. And there's no contract between me and copyright
owners in GPL'd stuff that would prevent distribution of my copies
as I see fit (in effect turning them into proprietary binary only
copies) under 17 USC 109. So there's nothing to circumvent on my
side.