Re: Wallace case FAQ for dummies v1.5

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Wallace case FAQ for dummies v1.5
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:59:57 +0200

Hello ams! Hey comrade, I need your help. Below is an A, I need a good Q
for it (to include in FAQ). Would really appreciate it. TIA.

A: GNUtians believe that taking two separate and independent computer
program works (separate and independent under copyright law, according
to the AFC test) and combining them together in a compilation (see 17
USC 101) creates a "derived work" (see the GNU Copyleft Act) akin to
(quoting GNUtian Alan Mackenzie) "embryo which is derived from the egg
and sperm." Accordingly, GNUtians believe that linking is akin to sex
without condoms (and that it is not oral or anal).