Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus, "DRM language is truly just a bug-

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus, "DRM language is truly just a bug-fix, not a new feature"
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:07:44 +0200

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> (Harold[sic] Welte

BTW,

http://gnumonks.org/~laforge/weblog/

----
Tue, 25 Jul 2006
Travelling to a gpl-violations.org related court hearing tomorrow

Tomorrow morning I'll have the pleasure of travelling to Frankfurt,
where the first court hearing in a particular gpl-violations.org case
will happen.

Those of you who follow my actions closely (closer than the practically
non-existing PR work of gpl-violations.org allows) will notice that this
is actually the first 'regular court case'. So far we settled everything
either out-of-court, or sooner or later after a preliminary injunction,
or an appeals case thereof.

In this particular case the defendant claims that the GPL is not
applicable to them for a number of reasons, but at the same time argues
that he still has the right to use the software, despite not having
obtained any kind of license.

I don't yet wan to disclose the identity of the defendant yet, but I'll
certainly post some more information on this pretty soon. You will all
know the company, though. A very popular vendor of embedded networking
gear.
-----

No follow-up yet. So stay tuned.

Harold, Harold. [sic], [sic].