Re: Wallace's reply brief

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Wallace's reply brief
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:35:42 +0200

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> David Kastrup writes:
>> Well, the theory is that once you touch GPLed work, it jumps up and
>> magically gobbles up all of your portfolio.
>
> That describes SCO's interpretation of the SysV source licence.

Well, it is hard to say just _what_ is supposed to have this effect.
SCO is doing sort of a tap dance between contracts, licenses and
copyrights.  I think the current theory is more in the line of
contract breach (short of finding any copyright violation and not
being in possession of the relevant copyrights, anyway).