Re: Wallace's reply brief

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Wallace's reply brief
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:48:17 +0200

> John Hasler wrote:
>>
>> David Kastrup wrote:
>> > Last time I looked, he was not out for selling his copyright, so he is
>> > _not_ intending to charge for his IP, but for _licensing_ his IP.
>>
>> It's hard to tell for sure, but it appears to me that what he wants to do
>> is sell copies and _not_ license his IP.
>
> It appears that way to you only because you're dumb typical GNUtian.
>
>  "Plaintiff Daniel Wallace ("Wallace") is a physicist and computer
>   programmer seeking to market his own computer operating system
>   under a proprietary business model. Wallace brought this suit in
>   federal district court claiming antitrust injury from predatory
>   pricing."

For a very liberal interpretation of "his own": he actually is seeking
to market a version of BSD.  But he is not complaining about the
ubiquity of BSD, which he has no problems wanting to sell.  He is
complaining about the ubiquity of GPLed software.

So his problem is not the availability of zero-cost software, but
rather the non-availability of it to him.

This is all quite stupid.