GNU Chess - breach of GPL

From: Dave (from the UK)
Subject: GNU Chess - breach of GPL
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:58:28 +0100

A pocket PC version of GNU chess is being distributed without source code.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=15141&associateid=262&afsrc=1

I've not paid the $2 to download it, but I am told there is no source code. The program is distributed "free" but you can't get it without also getting 1500 chess came of the Grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik

Strange that, as you can download 1,670 of his games at:

http://www.chessgames.com/player/vladimir_kramnik.html

Seems a bit of con to me, and the lack of source code must be a breach of the GPL.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@southminster-branch-line.org.uk

http://witm.sourceforge.net/ (Web based Mathematica front end)