Re: license question with non-GPL library

From: Scott
Subject: Re: license question with non-GPL library
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:40:28 GMT

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:01:22 +0200, Merijn de Weerd
<merijn+nospam@realemail.net> wrote:
>Distributors of GPL code are required to make available the full
>source code of all modules, which would include the library. So
>yes you should include the source code of the library with all
>the other source.

Thanks for the replies!

How does this work practically, then?  Do I have to distribute the
source code to every library I link to?  I understand there is an
exception for system libraries (i.e. libstdc++ and the like), but
where do I draw the line?  For example is cairo or freetype considered
a 'system' library, or would I need to redistribute their source as
well?  Is a link to their webpage sufficient?

Thanks again for your help,
Scott