Re: web services and GPL

From: josh . kuo
Subject: Re: web services and GPL
Date: 2 Sep 2006 11:05:27 -0700

Thank you David for the quick and detailed response, I really do
appreciate it.

> > that uses this web service (I see the web service like a library),
>
> The law doesn't.

Thank you for clearning that up for me :-)

> _Unless_ it contains GPLed (or otherwise licensed) software from
> _third_ parties: in that case, of course, you need to heed the
> licenses of those parties, whatever they may happen to be.

Some pieces do use GPL'ed components.  Thank you for explaining in such
detail, obviously, I don't know much about licensing...  I am just
doing some research now so if the new boss asks, I know how to answer
these questions.   Again, thank you very much :-)