Re: GNU licenses

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:19:19 +0200 (CEST)

   > Breach of a copyright license is copyright infringement.

   Doing an act *which is not licensed* is copyright infringement.  If
   I authorize you to copy my work verbatim, and you change it, you
   infringe my copyright.

   Doing a licensed act but failing to comply with conditions is
   *breach of contract* If I authorize you to copy in return for
   payment of $1 per copy, and you don't pay, you are in breach of the
   license.  Yet I can only sue you for non-performance and demand the
   dollar per copy.

The act of `not paying $1 per copy' wasn't licensed, so this is
copyright infringement (even according to your own words).